Friday, September 11, 2009

Dogsitting this weekend

I am dogsitting Bella, my housemate's dog while my housemate has gone to a cell biology retreat.

Bella is a fox terrier, a small bundle of endless energy. She believes that human beings have been made for her sole entertainment. Therefore, she knocks on my door asking me to come out and cuddle her for a bit. And for those who are wondering how can a dog knock on doors, I can assure you she knows not only how to knock but also to open the door. Unfortunately, she refuses to get 100% house trained and therefore, in her excitement she is apt to dirty the carpet which we then have to clean.

Today, my housemate told me to keep her confined to one room and give her toys to play with. In spite of them, she ate up my dinner while I was not looking. No amount of telling NO has made any effect on her. She just looked at me with her liquid brown eyes and an innocent look. What me?

My housemate will be back on Sunday and my duty ends then.

No comments: