Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Listen Honey...Life is a stitch...and a story

Today there was gloom in the house. The Reliance webworld told us that the internet connection has been terminated but the datacard that I had to purchase remains purchased. There is no return back policy. Appa was upset because he felt that it was on his advice that I had purchased the datacard and therefore lost Rs 3000. But amma set him right:

"There is no need to worry," she told him. "Just write off the loss."

Then she turned to me and advised:

"If I were you, I would write a story, sell it to a magazine and recoup the money. Just send another book to Shishu Sahitya Samsad and you will get your Rs 3000 back."

Appa, of course, was tad bit startled. Already with a sister for a writer and a daughter as aspiring writer, he feels life is just too miserable. He tried to imagine what his life would have been if his wife too had been a writer...

The title of the blog comes from cross-stitch pattern called Listen Honey. These designs feature ladies with attitude. And as they appreciate chocolate as much as I do, you can understand why I love them so much. I first came across them in the US but never got around to purchasing these charts or doing it. It has thus far remained on my to do list. My favourite is the one where the lady says: Listen Honey...It is official...I have become my mother! It always competes with the ones that say Listen Honey... Will Work For Chocolate, and Listen Honey, I am looking for a tall dark hunk...of chocolate.

But more about the beneficial effects of chocolate in the next blog.

No comments: