Thursday, December 13, 2007

A quiet Celebration

My laptop and I are celebrating our first anniversary together. The last time I purchased a laptop (way back in 2000), I managed to break it within a year. It was easy. There was this tangle of wires, I have a big foot (inheritance from my paternal grandfather),the foot and the wires got into a tangle, and the casualty was the laptop. It has since then been repaired but it does not like me. So whenever I attempt to use it, something goes wrong. My father has it now; the laptop does not give him any trouble.
The current laptop was purchased by my brother. (Yes, amma, I know I owe you money for the laptop.) My mother never fails to remind me that she loaned my money to buy it and that I need to return the money. My mother is the CFO of the house. I am really thankful that she has not asked for interest on the amount loaned.
So today, the laptop and I are celebrating the first anniversary. Hopefully, there will be many more anniversaries to celebrate.

No comments: