Monday, April 9, 2007

Semester ends

I am done with classes for this semester. All that is left are the student presentations and the final exams. Woo Hoo!

I should not complain. This semester was very relaxed. All I had was one class per week. Last year was tough. I started with full load of Biochemistry. I was also on GSCASH and had to deal with a horrible case of sexual harassment. Then in the monsoon semester I had the full load of Human Genetics with dashes of Genetics as seasoning.

Now that was a googly that life threw at me. Who had the brilliant idea of putting me up for Genetics? With chemistry and biochemistry as background, genetics was always a horror for me. Yes, I know it has game theory and lots of mathematics but I have always made it my life's mission to avoid anything remotely resembling maths.

The M.Sc. and M.Phil courses are being revamped (old wine in new bottle) and I have been offered partial redemption. I need not do Genetics. Which means I can participate in a M.Phil course work and teach chromatin remodeling. Sensible subject with no game theory in it.

The PRO had a chat with the Rector. The bottom line is that I continue with the News, Annual report, and other idiotic committees.

Dessert course: Butterscotch ice-cream. Amma is happy.

1 comment:

Arvind Narayanan said...

That's funny.. I've been trying to get into computational genetics recently. (we computer scientists get to muck around with everything :-)