Saturday, April 19, 2008

Amma's glasses

When I was in class IInd, we had a story to read: Kuchu's glasses.
Amma has high power in her eyes but she has refused to wear glasses thus far. She and my periamma, who too refuses to wear glasses on principle, have had many adventures together when they ventured out without glasses.
Therefore, yesterday...
Around 5pm my darling mother exclaimed:
"Now I know why I get headaches!"
I looked at her in surprise. She clarified:
"I have got power in my eyes, no. You see, Valli (her maid servant) always says that whenever she does not wear glasses, she gets headache. I used to be so surprised. But now I know why I have been suffering from headache for the past few days."
And with that she started wearing her glasses.
Of course, now I am trying to convince her that she can get headache even if her BP goes up. Getting her to the doctor is another story.

No comments: