Monday, October 22, 2007

My Mamu's Daughter

That is the name of the story that I submitted to Indian Literature, a publication of Sahitya Akademi,when I was still living in Bangalore. I moved places, I called them up a year later to ask about the status, and they said it will get printed when it does. I gave up but just in case informed them about the change in address.

It was published five years later. The author's copy went to Bangalore from where Uncle (my ex-landlord) redirected it to Madras. Appa found it waiting for him.

All is well that ends well.

On a similar note: I called up NBT about the manuscript I had submitted. It had taken them two years to even accept the manuscript. Last year we finally signed the agreement. And then I waited and waited and waited. Till...They assure me that it is slated for publication next year. They are, apparently, searching for an illustrator.

No comments: