Saturday, October 27, 2007

Flood in the lab

My lab is adjacent to the toilet and thanks to the excellent plumbing system put in place by the CPWD, there is always water in my lab-leakage from the toilet.
So this morning when the security called me up to say there is water in my laboratory, I cursed the plumbing system and ran over. But this time CPWD was innocent of the carnage. It was my student.

Anyway, at 7am in the morning I ran over to the lab, caught hold of the cleaning staff and got the bucketloads of water out of the lab. Fortunately, there is no lab underneath mine so I did not have to worry about leaks. But the student who was responsible for perpetrating the mess got it from me.

That one would think was the end of the story. But apparently today is flood day. Around mid-day, just after I had finished yelling at Mac, the lab gets flooded again. This time it is the plumbing works. Someone had left the tap open in the adjacent toilet and the water spilled over into mine.

It is still wet but at least Pravin ran over to close the taps.

No comments: