Friday, July 20, 2007

Two perfect roses

I realized my ambition today when my gardener cut two perfect roses from my terrace garden. I put them into the flower vase along with a vine of money plant and few sprigs of the morpanki (I do not know its English/Latin name but it looks like a peacock tail).

This is what I have longed for all my life. A garden with flowers blossoming. Right now I have a bougainvillea creeper climbing up the water spout. It is full of paper-thin white flowers. The jasmines had a riotous time this summer filling the terrace with their heady smell. And ever since we changed the soil in the pots, the roses have been putting forth one bud after another. I now have two small pots of marigold plantlets. And gongura. I am looking forward to the autumn when the marigolds will bloom.

Of course, before appa comes I will ensure that I have a nice large pot of mint!

No comments: