Tuesday, July 3, 2007

State Bank Of India

Apparently it works, sometimes.

I paid my telephone bill by cheque. Very carefully on the back of the cheque I wrote down the bill number, the customer account number, and my telephone number. And forgot to put the account number on the cheque (it is another story of how SBI, JNU branch gives us cheque books without the account number stamped on each cheque). Today at lunch hour SBI called me:
"Can you please come and write down your account number on the cheque?"
I asked whether after lunch would do?
"Please come as soon as possible. We need to clear the cheque today itself."

No wonder it poured and poured as I made my way to SBI. What has happened to the rude officials? And since when did they make it a point to clear the cheque on the day they receive it?

No comments: