Saturday, October 17, 2009

Deepavali with Bella

My housemate has gone to a one day conference in North Carolina so I am dogsitting Bella.

Yesterday night she got miffed with me because I refused to let her sleep on my bed. She scratched on the door, cried, barked, and tried all sorts of tricks but I refused to let her inside my room.

This morning, I tried to tell her that it is Deepavali and she should take Ganga snanam. But she paid no heed to it. She has been insistent that I should play with her. The play consists of my throwing her favourite toy- a bone shaped cotton cloth- as far as possible, and she running to catch it. Occasionally, as dictated by her, we play a tug of war with that toy. If I work or refuse to play with her, she growls and drums her feet impatiently.

This morning, I took her for a walk and then locked her up in the house while I went for my jog. She did not take too kindly to that treatment. When I came back home, she had managed to express her anger by tearing up a catalog and some roses my room mate had left in the living room.

At present as I type the blog, she has been throwing her toy at my computer, angry that I am paying more attention to the computer than to her.

Happy Deepavali!

No comments: